The objective of this course is to gain experience in Field methods in one or more of the following related areas: Biology, Marine Biology, Marine Ecology, Fisheries, Oceanography, and Environmental Sciences, by means of practical participation in research projects.
- Each student will be assigned to one professor or researcher with a PhD degree coordinating the work process during the training period, named as supervisor, who will be responsible for the final evaluation, although other researchers may function as co-supervisors.
- The training period schedule will be planned according to the type of work and the student and supervisors schedule requirements, keeping in mind that the total number of work hours cannot be changed.
- This is a practical training course.
- The objective is for the students to gain experience in real research and learn new methods.
- Thus, they will be integrated in research groups and will learn the applications and limitations of one or more methods.
Further course information can be found here: https://studiekiezer.ugent.be/studiefiche/en/C004279/2022