Erasmus+ Mobility Grants in IMBRSea
Students enrolled in the IMBRSea programme can make use of regular Erasmus+ Mobility grants to support a part of the mobility in the programme. These grants are offered via the different participating universities. Regulations, selection success, grant amounts depend fully on each University.
Who is eligible for applying for an Erasmus+ Mobility Grant?
All students enrolled in the programme that do not benefit from another Erasmus+ grant are eligible to apply for a grant. Students that are awarded an Erasmus Mundus grant may not apply.
Where should I apply and what are the mechanisms?
Students apply at one of the first year Universities for a grant to study abroad during the third semester. In practice students apply at the semester 1 University (Ghent , Algarve, Oviedo or Brest). At each university deadlines and selection mechanisms are clearly different.
- Ghent University:
- application deadline is around 15 February (dates to be confirmed)
- information sessions are organized by the Faculty at the end of the first semester
- applications are only open to students that are physically taking courses in Ghent
- Success chances are high to very high (> 75 %)
- University of the Algarve
- application deadline is around 1 April (dates to be confirmed)
- information is spread via email at the moment of opening of the applications (early February)
- applications are only open to students that are physically taking courses in Faro
- Success chances are average (> 35 %) - selection depends on first semester grades
- University of Oviedo
- application deadline not clear (dates to be confirmed)
- applications are only open to students that are physically taking courses in Oviedo
- Success chances are unknown
- Université de Bretagne Occidentale (Brest)
- application deadline early April (dates to be confirmed)
- applications are only open to students that are physically taking courses in Brest
- Success chances are high (> 60 %) - selection depends on first semester grades
More information about Erasmus Mobility Grants?
Contact the coordinator or the international relations office of the University you plan to go to.
Yes, this is possible in case you obtained your bachelor degree at one of the participating IMBRSea Main Partner Universities. Explore with your international office when and how to apply. Keep in mind that in this case you cannot study your first semester at this university.
In some cases they do! In case you wish to study at the same university in semester 1 and semester 3, you will not be able to apply for an Erasmus Mobility grant for the third semester.
The exact amount depends on the university where you apply for a grant and depends on the university you plan to go to. Grants are normally awarded for 1 semester (3 months). Amounts range between 200 and 400 euro per month.