The application forms for the programme intake of 2019-2020 will open early November 2018.
Checklist of information needed to complete an online application
- Copy of a valid passport
- Copy of your Europass CV
- University degree and other relevant degrees
- Completed motivation form
- Documentation of language proficiency
- Other relevant documentation and references
- Contact details of at least 2 academic referees
How to apply
Apply here to become a student in the IMBRSea programme in academic year 2019-2020
- Step 1: Preparing for IMBRSea
- Step 2: make an IMBRSea personal account in the IMBRSea application tool (will open in November 2018)
- Step 3: enter all required data in the IMBRSea application tool (will open in November 2018)
- personal data
- study overview
- language skills
- Step 4: submit the IMBRSea application to the IMBRSea coordination office before March, 1st 2019 (4 pm CET). Exceptionally EU-students can apply until May 1st 2019. however it is not possible to apply for an Erasmus Scholarship after March 1st 2019.
- Step 5: send legalised documents to IMBRSea coordination office (Belgium). All info on legalised documents can be found here
2. Important dates
- Feedback on academic eligibility and notification of scholarship selection results: 1 month after application deadline
- If admitted to the programme, send legalized documents to IMBRSea coordination office before:
- for students (non-EU): 15th of May 2019
- for all EU-students: 1st of June 2019
- For self-funded students: deadline payment tuition fee is 1st of August 2019 (Students who haven't paid by the deadline of 1st of August will be considered as dropouts.)
3. Academic eligibility
The IMBRSea selection board will evaluate your application files and check whether you are academically eligible or not to start the Master programme.
In case of eligibility you will be informed about this and this will require you to send legalized copies of your higher education diploma(s) and transcript of records to the coordination office by post in order to finalize your application and to start the enrollment procedure in the programme.
It is important that we can ascertain the authenticity of your diploma and transcript of records:
- When you obtained your diploma at one of main partners of IMBRSea, the procedure is fairly simple. You need a certified copy of your documents sent to us by the university. This means that we have to receive a clear and readable copy, stamped and signed by the university that issued your documents confirming that it is a true copy.
- When you obtained your diploma at another university, one of three routes has to be taken, depending on the country where the diploma was issued.
- You need a certified copy
- You need an apostille
- You need to legalise your diploma
The list of what is needed for which country can be found via this link.
Bear in mind that you will have to turn to the institute that issued your diploma to obtain a certified copy or to find out what the procedure is to have your diploma apostilled or legalized.
IMPORTANT REMARK about TRANSLATION: if your higher education diploma(s) are not issued in English, French, German, or Dutch, they need to be translated by a certified translator.
4. Study cost and study grants
When applying to the IMBRSea programme, be aware of the study costs. There are Erasmus Mundus scholarships available.
In principle no! Once an application is submitted, the reviewing process will start. In case you uploaded a wrong document or you have an additional supporting document relating to your studies, you can still send it to the coordination office (email@example.com) with mentioning clearly your Unique application number.
Theoretically it is possible. However there are procedures and agreements to be put up by all the members of the consortium and the applicant should provide valid and sufficient reasons why they cannot attend. Please consult the coordinator for further advice.
Unfortunately, the Erasmus Mundus scholarship is for two years and students who could not secure a scholarship and are enrolled in their first year do not qualify to re-apply for a scholarship only for the second year.
Yes, the English test is required by the time the regsitration at the University starts. Applicants that are not in possession of a proof of English proficiency can simply indicate their level of expertise in their CV using the guidelines provided in the Europass template. In case, by the start of the academic year, proof can not be shown, you can still be expelled from the programme. Acceptance in this case remains thus conditional until proof is submitted!
Am I eligible to apply if I do not have my Bachelor’s diploma (or equivalent education certificate) at the time of application?
Yes, applicants graduating before September are eligible to apply. Admitted students need to hand in their degree certificate (diploma and diploma supplement) as soon as they receive it. Note that admission for this group of students will be conditional. The degree certificate (or other relevant graduation documents) must be sent to the IMBRSea coordination office at the latest by the end of August. If you expect to graduate later, you cannot be admitted to the programme this year but are welcome to apply for the next year.