The Annual Symposium, organized every year at the end of June is a programme-wide activity that both first and second year students will attend. This is, amongst other activities, the forum for presentation and evaluation of the Master Thesis research (thesis defense). The Symposium
also offers first year students the opportunity to see which choices are offered for their Thesis research.
Associate Partners and other non-HEI actors will be encouraged to participate and take the opportunity to hold a professional (job) fair to attract students and future employees. At the symposium short training workshops offered by these Associate partners will be organized.
First-year students will present at this event their professional practice experiences.
Venue Annual Symposium 2018
- Dates: 25-29 June 2018
- Venue: Belgium, Ostend - Hotel & Conference Centre Vayamundo
- Monday 25 June: 12.00 welcome and lunch / Workshops / Professional Practice exhibition
- Tuesday 26 June: Workshops / Professional Practice exhibition / Summer school info session
- Wednesday 27 June: Thesis presentations
- Thursday 28 June: Thesis presentations
- Friday 29 June: Graduation ceremony at 11 am in Ghent
Check the detailed programme below!
Accommodation and food
Accommodation and food is foreseen for all IMBRSea and EMBC+ students starting with a lunch on Monday 25 June and ending with breakfast on Friday 29 June.
After breakfast Transport on Friday will be foreseen between Ostend and Ghent.